Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Event Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information relevant to your attendance at the Event. In submitting your registration, and attending or participating in the Event, then you are acknowledging that you have read these Terms and Conditions, and that you agree to be bound by them.
1. Your registration is subject to acceptance by the Event Organiser. Acceptance of your registration may be confirmed after the Event Organiser has received:
1.1. Your fully completed registration;
1.2. The fee (if required) related to your registration (“fee“); and
1.3. Any required supporting documents.
2. For registrations that are accepted, then the Event Organiser will use its best efforts to confirm registrations within seven (7) working days of receipt.
3. The Event Organiser may, in its absolute discretion and for any reason, refuse to accept yourregistration. The Event Organiser will not be under any obligation to disclose reasons for refusing to accept your registration.
4. The Event Organiser will advise the preferred method of registration and payment. If you encounter difficulties with registrations, please contact the Event Organiser.
5. If the Event Organiser has invited you in writing to attend the Event without the need to register and / or make any payment (in part or in whole), you must provide your confirmation of attendance to the Event Organiser within the time specified in the invitation (if any) OR at least ten (10) days prior to the commencement date of the event, in order for the Event Organiser to register you for the Event.
6. The fee for the Event is correct at the time of publication. The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the fee at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed in writing by the Event Organiser.
7. You are solely responsible for any travel arrangements that you make. Attendees travelling from overseas or inter-state locations are invited to obtain an Event confirmation from the Event Organiser before confirming their travel arrangements.
8. In completing your registration and attending the Event you unreservedly declare and acknowledge that:
8.1. The details you provided on your registration form are complete, accurate and correct; and
8.2. The seminar is provided for educational purposes ONLY and does not constitute legal advice; and
8.3. The views presented during the course of the seminar are those of the individual presenters and do not represent a specific organisation; and
8.4. While all care is taken to provide up to date and accurate information, you fully and unreservedly absolve the Event Organiser from any and all liability for any actions that you may take as a result of information contained in this seminar.
9. There may be instances where the Event Organiser advises that a portion of the Event is being conducted under the “Chatham House Rule”.
9.1. The Chatham House Rule states, “When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed”.
9.2. In registering and attending the Event, you unreservedly agree to abide by the Chatham House Rule in all instances where the Event Organiser advises application of the Chatham House Rule to a portion(s) of the Event.
C. Cancellation or Transfers by Attendee
10. Notification of cancellation of your registration for the Event must be made in writing (“the notification”) and sent to the Event Organiser by email. Prior to any refund being made by the Event Organiser, you are responsible for providing all relevant information required by the Event Organiser, including the bank account to which a possible refund may be remitted.
11. If your notification is received by the Event Organiser ten (10) working days or more before the date of the Event (“Final Cancellation Date”), the Event Organiser will provide you with a refund of the fee paid by you minus thirty percent (30%) of the full registration fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after the Final Cancellation Date.
12. Subject to clause 11, no refunds will be given for your cancellation of, or non-attendance at, any part of the Event. For the purposes of clarity, this clause 12 also applies to multi-day Events (i.e. events held across more than one day). Therefore, for example, if you are registered for a two-day event, there is no refund for day one if you only attend day two.
13. In the event that there are multiple streams in an Event organised by the Event Organiser that you are fully registered to attend, then you may transfer to another activity at the Event provided that the Event Organiser has received your written request for a transfer at leastten (10) working days prior to the Activity, and the Event Organiser has agreed to the change/transfer. Transfers are subject to the applicable registrationfee (if any) for the Activity that you are seeking a transfer to.
14. If you wish to send a substitute person to the Event in your place, you must make a written request to the Event Organiser within ten (10) working days prior to the Event or Activity. Permitted substitutions are subject to any additional fees including but not limited to the applicable registrationfee (e.g. if the substitute is a non-member then additional fees may be payable).
D. The Event Organiser’s rights
15. The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to:
15.1. Change the format, participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect of the Event;
15.2. Postpone the Event or any part of the Event; or
15.3. Cancel the Event or any part of the Event.
16. In circumstances where the Event Organiser, in its sole discretion, considers it necessary to modify, postpone or cancel the Event (in whole or in part) then the Event Organiser will not be liable to you for any damages, costs, losses or expenses of any kind incurred or suffered by you as a result of, or in relation to, the Event Organiser modifying, postponing or cancelling the Event (in whole or in part).
17. If the Event is cancelled or postponed by the Event Organiserfor reasons that, in the sole discretion of the Event Organiser, are beyond its reasonable control, then
17.1. The Event Organiser may retain the fee and will not be required to make any refund of the fee; or
17.2. The Event Organiser may refund the fee minus any reasonable administration costs (as determined by the Event Organiser).
18. In completing registration and payment for the Event you acknowledge that the Event Organiser will not be under any obligation to disclose reasons for modifying, postponing or cancelling the Event (in whole or in part).
E. Your rights and obligations at the Event
19. The Event Organiser, in its sole, absolute and unlimited discretion, reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse admission to, or to eject you from, the Event for failure to comply with these Event Terms and Conditions or if, in the sole opinion of the Event Organiser, you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
20. You agree to comply with all reasonable requests and/or instructions issued by the Event Organiser or its representative (s), and/or the operator of the venue (if any) for the Event.
21. For Events, provision of resources, or the delivery of any materials of any kind made to you by the Event Organiser as the registered attendee:
21.1. You acknowledge full and complete copyright ownership of those materials by the Event Organiser; and
21.2. You agree to take all reasonable measures to ensure that the Event, resources and any materials (in whole or in part) are viewed and/or possessed only by yourself.
21.3. You acknowledge that waiver under the obligation of 21.2 may only occur after the Event Organiser has provided written authorisation to you following receiving a written request for a waiver from you as the Event attendee.
22. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited at the Event and/or in or at the venue.
23. You acknowledge that you may be filmed, sound recorded and/or photographed by the Event Organiser, the media or any other party at the Event and that the Event Organiser may use or approve the use of the film, sound recording and/or photograph for any purpose and in any way whatsoever.
24. You acknowledge that all records made, and interactions conducted, during the course of the Event are unreservedly the sole property of the Event Organiser, and that the Event Organiser may use or approve the use of the records and interactions for any purpose and in any way whatsoever.
25. Limitations of Liability and Indemnity
26. The law sets out relevant consumer guarantees, warranties, conditions and obligations on the Event Organiser.
26.1. In the event it is determined that any of these Event Terms and Conditions are inconsistent with the law then it is unreservedly agreed by you thatthe Event Organiser’s liability and your sole remedy will be limited to the refund of the fee paid by you to the Event Organiser.
26.2. Subject to any applicable consumer law, all guarantees, representations, conditions and warranties of any nature are expressly excluded.
27. It is agreed by you that subject to applicable consumer legislative requirements, the Event Organiser, its employees, agents, and contractors (“representatives”) will not be liable for personal injury or death, property damage, or any other loss (including without limitation, liability for negligence, breach of these Event Terms and Conditions or any other agreement either express or implied), damage, cost or expense (including, without limitation, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damage) that you may incur or suffer arising out of or in connection with the Event.
28. It is agreed by you that you fully indemnify and hold the Event Organiser and its representatives fully discharged/excluded from any claim, cost, demand, liability or damage (including legal costs, professional costs and other expenses on a full indemnity basis) incurred by the Event Organiser and/or its representatives arising out of or in connection with the Event, including but not limited to:
28.1. A breach of these Event Terms and Conditions;
28.2. Your use of the venue or attendance at the Event;
28.3. Any damage to the venue or any goods located at the venue; or
28.4. The infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any third party (including the venue) by you.
29. The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend these Event Terms and Conditions from time to time. You agree that you will be subject to the terms in force at the time the Event Organiser registers you for the Event or you attend the Event.
30. Any failure, delay or relaxation on the part of a party in exercising, in part or whole, any power, right or remedy conferred upon that party by these Event Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of that power, right or remedy.
31. If any provision of these Event Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid or not enforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the relevant term is to be read down and shall otherwise be capable of being severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability being applied without affecting the remaining provisions of these Event Terms.
32. These Event Terms and Conditions are governed by, and are to be interpreted in accordance with, the laws in force in the local jurisdiction in which the Event Organiser is incorporated and/or located. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the local jurisdiction and waives any objection that it may have that proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
G. Privacy Statement
33. The Event Organiser is committed to protecting your privacy, confidentiality, and security of the personal information provided by you.
33.1. The personal information you provide is necessary to process yourregistration form which may include updating your record and profile information held with the Event Organiser.
33.2. You agree that the Event Organiser may retain and use your personal information to contact you about additional professional development opportunities and any associated events.
33.3. Personal information provided by you may be disclosed to external organisations that the Event Organiser engageswith for certain business functions e.g. mailing houses, printers, technology service providers and marketing and communications agencies.
34. You have the right to access or correct any personal information that the Event Organiser holds about you (subject to any applicable legal requirements).